We are living in an era of technology and I guess you all must have heard about Infosys. Today Infosys is one of the most respected and well-known companies in the IT sector. Infosys was started in 1981, but did you know that Narayan Murthy started it with only 10,000 rupees, a company which is now become India’s most admired and best known global brand. In this article, we have discussed the top 10 interesting facts about Infosys.
History of Infosys : Milestones in Infosys journey
Revenue by geography
Most of the Indians think Infosys is an Indian company, so most of the revenues of Infosys are also from India. But this is totally wrong, only about 2.9% of the revenues are from India. Most of the revenues are from North America and Europe.
61.3% of the revenues are from North America, 24.2% of the revenues are from Europe, 11.6% of the revenues are from the Rest of the world, and just about 2.9% of the revenues are from India.
With no computer for 2 years
Yes, you have heard right. Today’s second-largest Indian IT company did not have a computer for 2 years when it was established. Murthy was not financially stable to afford data general 32 bit MV 8000. It took Infosys about 2 years to buy a high-quality computer with its own funds.
Awards and recognition of Infosys
Infosys has won many awards and honors, both international and national, in fiscal year2021, the significant ones among them are:
- Recognized as one of the world’s most ethical companies in 2021 by Ethisphere institute in the U.S.
- Recognized as the fastest-growing among the top 10 IT services brands, by brand finance, the world’s leading brand valuation firm, in its global 500 2021 report.
- Won the german brand award 2020 for excellence in brand strategy and creation.
- Ranked 30th ( moved up from 94th in 2021 ) on the wall street journal’s 2021 list of 100 most sustainably managed companies in the world.
- Won the Golden Peacock Award in the information technology sector for excellence in corporate governance.
- Awarded Fortune Best Big Companies to work for 2021 in the U.S.
- Awarded Top Employees Global 2021 certification in 20 countries across Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific, and North America. Also top ranked in 15 countries and No.1 in india, APAC, Middle East region, and among the top two employees in the U.S and Australia.
Did you know Infosys has 13 subsidiaries? Infosys has made strategic investments in different domains. The company has establishes 13 subsidiaries across the globe.
- EdgeVerve systems Limited.
- Infosys BPM Limited.
- Infosys consulting holding AG.
- Infosys consulting Ltda.
- Infosys public services Inc.
- Infosys technologies ( Australia ) Pty. Limited.
- Infosys technologies ( China ) Co. Limited.
- Infosys technologies ( Shanghai ) Co. Limited.
- Infosys technologies ( Sweden ) AB.
- Infosys technologies S.de.R.L. de C.V.
- Noah consulting LLC.
The partnership focuses on developing solutions that incorporate the intellectual property of Infosys as well as technology and services from the alliance partners.
Some of the top partners of Infosys are:
- Amazon web services.
- Hitachi Vantara.
- IBM maximo.
- IBM sterling.
- Red hat.
- Cisco systems.
Infosys a snapshot
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. enables clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
- 40 years of experience
- USD 14.2 billion total revenue ( LTM ).
- presence in 50 plus countries.
- 2,60,000 employees.
- 1,659 trusting clients.
- In FY 2020-21, 1,000,472 crore rupees in revenues. Crossed the milestone of 1 lakh crore in revenue.
- Number of USD 100 million plus clients : 32, increase of 4 clients YoY.
- 84.7% utilization at an all-time high.
- 38.6% of women employees.
- 5,82,880 crore rupees market cap, one of the top companies in the country in tersm of market capitalization.
- In fiscal 2021, Infosys won large deals worth USD 14 billion TCV.
- In fiscal 2021, Industry leading revenue growth of 5%.
Frequently asked questions
What is unique about Infosys?
Infosys is started with just 10,000 rupees. Narayan Murthy borrowed 10,000 rupees from his wife to start Infosys with six of his colleagues from his past employer Patni computer systems. The front room of Narayan Murthy’s home became the first office. Infosys has 13 subsidiaries and has partnerships with some of the world’s leading companies like Google, Microsoft, IBM, etc.
What is the Best thing about Infosys?
Infosys has partnerships with some of the world’s leading companies and Infosys is the second biggest company in India and in the top 5 biggest IT companies in the world. More than 80% of the revenues of Infosys are from North America and Europe, in which more than 60% of the revenues are from North America.
Is Infosys better than TCS?
No, definitely not. Infosys is a good company, but not better than TCS. TCS is the biggest IT company in India and in the top 3 IT companies in the world. TCS has an employee base of more than 4,50,000. whereas, Infosys employee base is 2,60,000.
Recognized as the fastest-growing among the top 10 IT services brands, by brand finance, the world’s leading brand valuation firm, in its global 500 2021 report. Won the Golden Peacock Award in the information technology sector for excellence in corporate governance. Awarded Fortune Best Big Companies to work for 2021 in the U.S.
11 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT NESTLE
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA
TOP 10 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ITC